Haleigh Butler, MS, NCC, CCMHC, LPCC
Certified EFT Supervisor & Therapist
Haleigh thrives working with big emotions and difficult topics. She uses this unique tolerance to her advantage and prefers to work with couples struggling with trauma, anger and sexual issues. There's nothing too big or scary to tackle.
Haleigh particularly enjoys and excels at working with clients struggling with reactivity or those who present themselves as "tough cookies" and have more gruff demeanors. Haleigh is sex positive and gender affirming. She is versed in advocating for the unique needs of her LGBTQIA+ clients.
While Haleigh does understand how some delicate topics need gentle care, the majority of the time you will find her approach tends to be a little more direct. She uses humor to relate with those in front of her. She is honest and straightforward. With Haleigh, you'll feel at ease, like you have an authentic connection.
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, California, LPCC #6540
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Colorado, LPC #.0014917
- The University of North Carolina in Greensboro, Masters of Science in Couples & Family Counseling (MS)
- Ohio University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Minor in Sociology
- Founder & Certified EFT Supervisor, Cycles Couples Counseling
- Couples Sex & Intimacy Therapist, Thrive Couples & Family Counseling Services
- Sex Therapist Intern, Awakenings Center for Intimacy & Sexuality
- Graduate Assistant, National Board for Certified Counselors International
- Practicum Therapist, University of North Carolina at Greensboro Vacc Clinic
- Team Facilitator, Kids on Campus
- Intern Pro-Kids Department, Guidestone Ohio
- Intern, Cuyahoga County Juvenile Justice Center
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Core Skills
- This 4-5 months training experience involves four 12 hr sessions scheduled four to five weeks apart. Each session is designed for a small group of participants (8 – 15) to explore and refine the primary skills used in the EFT model. Each session will include practical instruction, experiential exercises, video examples, and case consultation totaling 48 hours of EFT consultation and is a pre-requisite for Certification.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship
- The Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) is a 28 hr. 4 day training in EFT and a pre-requisite for all other trainings and certification. It includes an overview of all aspects of the model including steps and stages, interventions, adult attachment theory, and application of EFT with couples.
Couples Therapy Experience
Since the beginning of her schooling, Haleigh's background has been focused exclusively on couples and relational therapy, particularly EFT. This is her passion.
Haleigh is one of the few therapists in greater Los Angeles who has completed years of extensive training and has achieved certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy. Emotionally Focused Therapy is one of the most effective couples therapy approaches to date. Certification in EFT requires hundreds of hours of supervised couples therapy, which is then reviewed and approved by The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy.
In addition to Emotionally Focused Therapist Certification, Haleigh is also one of only three ICEEFT accredited Certified EFT Supervisors in Los Angeles. This designation allows her to supervise other therapists learning the EFT model by facilitating individual and group consultations and analyzing session tapes.
Despite the fact that Haleigh is fully licensed and certified, she continues to participate in biweekly supervision herself to ensure the best care possible for her clients. Haleigh also attends multiple EFT trainings annually to continue to hone her skills and stay up to date with the model. Haleigh also served on the board for the Los Angeles Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (LACEFT).
In 2015 Haleigh received the National Board of Certified Counselors Mental Health Minority Fellowship. As a fellow, Haleigh is dedicated to improve mental health service access to sexual and gender minority populations, particularly those who identify as LGBTQIA+.