Haleigh Scherma, MS, NCC, CCMHC, LPCC
Certified EFT Supervisor & Therapist
Haleigh thrives working with big emotions and difficult topics. She uses this unique tolerance to her advantage and prefers to work with couples struggling with trauma, anger and sexual issues. There's nothing too big or scary to tackle.
Haleigh particularly enjoys and excels at working with clients struggling with reactivity or those who present themselves as "tough cookies" and have more gruff demeanors. Haleigh is sex positive and gender affirming. She is versed in advocating for the unique needs of her LGBTQIA+ clients.
While Haleigh does understand how some delicate topics need gentle care, the majority of the time you will find her approach tends to be a little more direct. She uses humor to relate with those in front of her. She is honest and straightforward. With Haleigh, you'll feel at ease, like you have an authentic connection.
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, California, LPCC #6540
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Colorado, LPC #.0014917
- The University of North Carolina in Greensboro, Masters of Science in Couples & Family Counseling (MS)
- Ohio University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Minor in Sociology
- Couples Sex & Intimacy Therapist, Thrive Couples & Family Counseling Services
- Sex Therapist Intern, Awakenings Center for Intimacy & Sexuality
- Graduate Assistant, National Board for Certified Counselors International
- Practicum Therapist, University of North Carolina at Greensboro Vacc Clinic
- Team Facilitator, Kids on Campus
- Intern Pro-Kids Department, Guidestone Ohio
- Intern, Cuyahoga County Juvenile Justice Center
Couples Therapy Experience
Since the beginning of her schooling, Haleigh's background has been focused exclusively on couples and relational therapy. This is her passion.
Haleigh is one of the few therapists in greater Los Angeles who has completed years of extensive training and has achieved certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy. Emotionally Focused Therapy is one of the most effective couples therapy approaches to date. Certification in EFT requires hundreds of hours of supervised couples therapy, which is then reviewed and approved by The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy.
Haleigh is also an ICEEFT accredited Certified EFT Supervisor. This designation allows her to supervise other therapists learning the EFT model by facilitating individual and group consultations and analyzing session tapes.
Despite the fact that Haleigh is fully licensed and certified, she continues to participate in biweekly supervision herself to ensure the best care possible for her clients. Haleigh also attends multiple EFT trainings annually to continue to hone her skills and stay up to date with the model. Haleigh currently serves on the board for the Los Angeles Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (LACEFT).
In 2015 Haleigh received the National Board of Certified Counselors Mental Health Minority Fellowship. As a fellow, Haleigh is dedicated to improve mental health service access to sexual and gender minority populations, particularly those who identify as LGBTQIA+.